Review: Hard Hitter by Sarina Bowen


descriptionHe’s a fighter in the rink, but he’s about to learn that playing nice can help you score... 

As team captain and enforcer, Patrick O'Doul puts the bruise in the Brooklyn Bruisers. But after years of hard hits, O'Doul is feeling the burn, both physically and mentally. He conceals his pain from his coach and trainers, but when his chronic hip injury becomes too obvious to ignore, they send him for sessions with the team’s massage therapist.

After breaking up with her long-term boyfriend, Ari Bettini is in need of peace of mind. For now, she’s decided to focus on her work: rehabilitating the Bruisers’ MVP. O'Doul is easy on the eyes, but his reaction to her touch is ice cold. Ari is determined to help O'Doul heal, but as the tension between them turns red hot, they both learn that a little TLC does the body good...
 



My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

How come Sarina Bowen writes the cutest story ever!? I mean she did it with Rookie Move – even if Leo was a little too sweet for me - she did it again with Hard Hitter! I never thought Patrick O'Doul would be so caring under his rough appearance.

Patrick is the Brooklyn Bruisers team captain and Air is the team's massage therapist. They are both dealing with personal issues. Patrick biggest one is that he doesn't like to be touched. Hard when you have an injury that needs treatment and massages.
Ari is dealing with a crazy ex and starting a new relationship is not on her agenda.

I loved the pace of the book, it all happens pretty quickly but it felt so good. How Patrick manage to trust Ari and fall for her was delightful. He is a true alpha male so what's better than to see them melt?

The strength of the book is also all the different character in the book. Patrick has teammates & Ari has Georgia & Becca. I enjoyed all the interactions. And I can't believe there are going to be only 3 books in this series. I'm begging for more. Next book is about Lauren who is not someone I like at the moment. Reading the blurb of Pipe Dreams made me understand a little where she's coming from. I have to admit I'm curious because she seems such a b*tch that she must be hurt big time!
But back to other books, I'm begging for a book about Castro. This guy is too funny to let him alone. And we can't let Becca on the side. This is such a lovely character that needs a HEA... and as I said in my previous review we need it to be Nate! Damn I love a good CEO millionaire book. I see it can be a great start for a new series or a stand alone.

description

I also enjoyed all the aspect Sarina give about hockey. I don't know much about it and it was nice to have some background about habits,...

Hard Hitter is a pleasant mix of sexy times, some hockey actions with a lovely couple that will melt your heart. Can't wait for more! ^^

~ARC provided by the publisher in exchange of an honest review ~

No comments