Review: Sexy Lies and Rock&Roll

description
From NYT Bestselling author, Sawyer Bennett, comes a SEXY new stand alone romance…


When you’re a rock god, fame and fortune are your two best friends, but they can be fickle bitches. Everyone wants a piece of me and I have no clue how to deal with it all. I’m being sued, pressured to sign contracts, and fending off rabid women who want to steal my virtue.

Well, not that I really have any virtue, but still… my life has turned completely bat-shit crazy.

That’s why I need Emma Peterson. She got me out of a bit of a jam once, and I know she can do it again. The only problem is that sweet, prim and totally straight-laced Emma doesn’t want anything to do with me. Not professionally, and certainly not personally. 
It’s not that I want her in that way. Let’s be realistic… it would take a crow bar of epic proportions to get her to spread those legs for me.
No, I only want her legal expertise and for her to make sense of my crazy world. It’s a good thing I have just the leverage to make her do my bidding, because her refusal is not an option.



*Sexy Lies and Rock & Roll is a hot, romantic comedy stand alone.



My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sawyer Bennett I love you! Voilà I said it! How do you manage to write so many books and yet I'm still here waiting for more. I never get bored with your books! I don't love them all, there are some better than others but I truly enjoyed all of what you give us. All your stories are different. All have an underlying message and as always I can' wait to read more and more.

TO readers, in case you didn't get it, Sexy Lies and Rock&Roll is yet another book to read first chance you have. I read it in one sitting. It was such a lovely and enjoyable read with two sweet characters that put a smile on my face the entire time!

description

Emma is an uptight laywer fresh out of college. She's employed in the same firm as a father but doesn't really like it. She has a knack for boring stuff IMO . She does like to make research for contracts rather than being in the limelight. So when her boss sends her to "rescue" a famous singer, she wasn't all that happy about it.

Evan is living the dream. Ever since he took a chance in publishing his song on internet, he got it all. But greedy people are always around the corner and,since he has to face several law problems, he has to get back to the girl he can't seem to forget since she help him to get out of trouble weeks ago

" Stay here with me… let me have you… because you want to. Even though you know you shouldn’t, let your desires make the decision and do it because you’ll regret it forever if you don’t take that chance.”

description

Everything in this story click, from our MC meeting to them being together and the little drama needed to see how much they fell for each other.
Emma is such a shy girl I was a little sorry for her at first. She has a neat life and she never takes a real chance in living it. But with Evan entering her life, things are about to change. The fact she is attracted to him is fully in his favor.

" He makes me feel something I’ve never felt before. I feel wanted."

Their time together was sexy and absolutely HOT! The scene when Emma finally let lose and gives in Evan's demand was arousing as hell! Drop panties and all

“I love how I can tell when you’re close. Can feel it so clearly. I love how I can play this body as easily as I can play my guitar. And you know what, Emma love… the sounds you make when you come are as beautiful as the music I make.”

Evan is perfect book boyfriend material. He sees something in Emma and all he want is to discover what's underneath this proper woman. He's confident on who he is and what he wants. He's honest and forward with how he sees things. And he wants to help Emma to get there with him.

Sexy Lies and Rock&Roll is a must read in all Sawyer Bennett's books. Don't miss it!

~ARC provided by the author in exchange of an honest review~





Reading is definitively an escape for me and my mood varies. I can read rom-com, mafia, mystery romance, NA...well, you get the idea. Sawyer is one of those authors that gives you an easy read. And I don't mean this in that it's not engaging or good, but in that, you can get lost and enjoy.

I didn't know it, but I was in the mood for some rock and roll and this delivered! Emma and Evan are an opposites attract kinda story although in true Sawyer fashion, it's never that cut and dry. For all that Evan is living in the spotlight as a rock star, Emma is a straight-laced, not really living life, lawyer.

When these two come together, it was one fast, easy, sexy read with some fun and some angst. While the story was predictable, it was exactly what I needed. All you Sawyer fans, you have to check this out.

**ARC generously provided by author in exchange for an honest review.**


No comments