Top 2016: What's hot? What's next?




2016 is nearly over and as every year, it's time for us to look back and think about all the fantastic reads we had.

As always 2016 was filled with so many good books it was hard to pick only 10! All of us three discovered new authors but we also sticked with the one we loves. 

Our favorites books have one similarity: Romance. It can be emotional books, fun books, drama books, self-discovery books but never forget love

So as 2017 is around the corner, we thought we would also share what we can't wait to read next year. We love the promises of future book boyfriends. 

We hope that with this small recap' you are going to discover and give a chance to a book you haven't thought reading or you haven't dare read. And we thought we could contribute to your never-ending TBR list.




1. Sweetest Venom by Mia Asher


Goodreads / Review

I stayed up until around 5am to read this and WOWEE Mia just knows how to pull my heart and her readers in.



2. The Bellator Saga by Cecilia London


Goodreads / Review 1. 2. 3. 4. 5.

I've read the whole lot aside from the last this year recommended by Suzy but my favs have got to be 1. Conscience 2. Phoenix and 3. Rhapsody all for different reasons, I love the gripping edgy reads and epic love. This series I will never forget it just gets better and more in depth the more you go on.




3. The Royals by Erin Watt


Goodreads / Review 1. 23.

Paper Princess though was my favourite but gah so many feels and I've read nothing like this before it grips you from page 1.



4. Slip of the Tongue & Yours to Bare by Jessica Hawkins



Goodreads 1. 3. / Review 1. 3.

Jessica Hawkins writes the most #Addictive stories, you just can't stop once you start. With both these books I devoured and LOVED.



5. Fighting Solitude by Aly Martinez



Aly just writes the most lovable Alpha heroes... And Quarry need I say any more??



6. So much more by Kim Holden



I just LOVE this book, characters and author so much more.

I want that someday, bone-jarring beautiful 



7. Idol by Kristen Callihan


Goodreads / Review

A lovable Rock Legend always speaks to my heart. This was pure music Gold in a book, loved it. 



8. Lucas by Jay McLean



I love Jay McLeans storytelling she just pulls you in and grips you from the beginning. Also there is no sugar coating the realness of her books, and this was just that. OMG I was laughing, crying, in pain then happy... a rollercoaster of emotions.



9. 53 letters For My Lover by Leylah Attar




Not a new release but I ADORED this authors writing.


"I miss you everywhere I go.... You're the one thing that centres my soul. I may circle the whole world, but you'll always be home, Beetroot." 



10. See through heart by Amie Knight


Goodreads / Review

This is a book based on love and family and there are many levels of love. Many friendships that become family and that grows to love. Really this is one of the reasons why I love to read, it captured my heart and I went with it throughout the book.



1 have one extra book because I can NOT put Downed on my list!

11. Downed by Jen Frederick



I loved this one so much! All characters where quirky, sexy and fun... such a joy to read..





Looking back to all the books I read this year, it's always so hard to pick only 10. I try to take the ones that left a mark on me and still does. I have so much respect for the work of authors that put they heart in their work. Us bloggers are there to help them but we also criticize in a contructive manner what their books made us feel.

If I choose to read a book it's because in a moment in time, I was attracted to the book for some reasons. It could be the cover - it usually is - it could be the synopsis - I never miss a chance to read them or it could be because it's one of my fav' authors but reading is my escape and here's a glimpse to the most beautiful journeys I had.

1. Fly with me by Chanel Cleeton



That book took me completely of guards! I didn't know I would love it so much. Noah & Jordan's story is everything! And I meant it! The book is funny and emotional at the same time. Chanel speaks from experience and it shows!




I remember deciding to read and review this book completely at the last minute. I love Carmen Jenner, she has a sprakling attitude on her Facebook posts and I just love supporting her when I can.

Jake & Ellie's story was gripping! I couldn't put the book down. So many emotions to come with this read.



3. Turbulence by Whitney G.





Seeing Whitney back with this release was refreshing! To say I loved Jake is an understatement of the year! Mark my word, you're gonna love him! They are no better a**hole than him! Remember Andrew from Reasonnable Doubt? Well he's a pussy next to Jake... See for yourself ;)

“I won’t be the guy you think you can call when you need to talk to someone.” “Unless it’s about how wet your pussy is, I don’t want your name on my call log, and I don’t need you thinking we’ll ever be friends"“You don’t get to ask me questions about anything more than if I can go harder, longer, and deeper, and I won’t ask you anything outside of ways I can better please your pussy.”

4. The One Real Thing by Samantha Young



The last book I read by Samantha Young was Hero so it was quite long since I took one of her books and damn it was fantastic!! I fell completly in love with the whole book, the whole story, the town, the characters.... everything was perfect!! So different from her On Dublin Street series, Hart's Boardwalk is the first book from many to come and I'm dying to have my hands on all of them.



5. Jockblocked by Jen Frederick



I loved all three books in the Gridiron series. But the one who got my heart was Matty ♥ I remember him & Lucy got funny banters and if you add the sweet, you have just the perfect NA sport romance ever.

“What are we doing" “We’re enjoying each other.”“For how long?” Forever is a good start in my book but this is my careful girl and she needs a careful answer.“However long you want it.”
6.The Hooker and the Hermit by Penny Reid & L.H. Cosway



My first read by Penny Reid & L.H Cosway and I was over the moon. I had the Cinderella theme song in my head while reading. Because Ronan is really prince charming ♥ He really is the perfect guy a girl could have. Thinking about it, I want to dive back in the book



7. Someone Like you by Lauren Layne



I discover Lauren with her Stiletto series and who was already there stealing the show? Lincoln Mathis. I had to wait so long for his story but now that I have it, I'm so thrilled to say it was what I needed! I took to book and I read it until I couldn't.




I was waiting for JD first full novel. I discover him with his first series published under 2 novellas and I was dying to get a full story. And boy, I wasn't disappointed one bit! I've always loved JD's easy-going writing style and it was no different with Nate & Jessie's story. Confessions of a Bad Boy is a little bundle of fun, sass, forbidden, hot romance.



9. Sugar Daddies by Jade West

Don't let the cover fool you because there's much more than the promise of good sex. Yes this is about a trio, a menage but the emotions and the situations arising are unexpected and so well written. You should definitely gives this one a try.

“Love is love, David. Commitment is commitment. Integrity and consideration and communication, honesty and genuine care, compassion, support… those are the things that make a worthwhile relationship, whether that’s two people, or three people, or ten people.”

10. Hades Hangmen series by Tillie Cole


Goodreads / Review 2. 4.

This series took me completely off-guards. 1. Because my first book by Tillie Cole was a DNF and then 2. because I read them all back to back. I was really enthralled in their world. Even if I rated the first book 4 stars I truly loved how everything fall into place books after books. It's not a series I would recommend reading as standalones. Couples are different but there's a common storyline that will keep you on your toes all the way. And I'm not sure who to gives my heart... Kyle or Rider? Maybe both ;)



Below is my top 10 list, in no particular order. I could make this list my top 15 or 20 because I've left out some of my other favs but I was trying to be ruthless. Although, I kinda cheated as many are series (so I didn't have to choose one)!



1. Dartmoor Series by Lauren Gilley




As a lover of MC romance, this series was recommended by a friend and wow, I was hooked! The writing is poetic, the stories rich and moving, and the characters are fascinating and flawed. I couldn't get enough!
In continuing my love affair with Penny, I devoured, consumed, gorged, ingested, gobbled, ravaged this series!! The writing is witty, engaging, funny and sexy!

3. The Royals by Erin Watt



Goodreads / Review  123.

I think this series really needs no intro. Katy and I, like most readers, were junkies this year for this series. If you want an over the top, pull at your heartstrings and leave you wanting more read...this is for you.


4. F@ck Love by Tarryn Fisher



I read this nearly a year ago now and I still come back to it time and time again. I'm a huge fan of Taryn's stories. They creep inside my mind and haunt me for days, months, later. A deep, true and memorable story about love and relationships.

5. The Misters Series by JA Huss


Goodreads / Review 1. 2. 3. 4. 5.

Wow! Julie and her men. I can always count on Ms. Huss for loads of action, an intriguing mystery and men to die for. Her Mister series did not disappoint. I fell for each Mister, although Mr. Mysterious and Mr. Match have a special place in my heart.


6. Prisoned by Marni Mann



This was a whole different kind of book by Marni. A dark, romantic in a really twisted way, read. This was riveting, creepy and I gotta say, I want more!


7. Bourbon Kings by JR Ward



Ah, this was something special. My first JR Ward and actually, they were audiobooks. I just got swept away with the bourbon, southern sensibilities and the old world charm. This is truly a read about a family and great dynasty with love, lies and secrets. It doesn't disappoint.

8. Donati Bloodlines Series by Bethany-Kris



Goodreads / Review 1. 2. 3.

Bethany had some fantastic releases this year and it was hard to narrow it down to one series. I chose this Mafia Romance because of it's tie to other families in other books (you don't need to read the others to read this series) and for Calisto, the hero. **swoon**


9. Nolan by Susan Fanetti



Signal Bend and the Night Horde MC are just my people. I love, love, love that series and from day one, I've been waiting for Nolan's story. When Susan gave us Today & Tomorrow, it was beautiful, moving, but I didn't want it to end there for Nolan. I'm so glad she gave us more. It was so worth the wait.


10. Dark Notes by Pam Godwin



This was my first read by Pam, and I was awed. I loved this book and mention it every chance I get. Her writing is lovely, the imagery and feels she creates are beautiful and her storyteller is captivating. This was a musical masterpiece.




Commander in Chief by Katy Evans
Release Date: January 11, 2017


Stay by A.L. Jackson
Release Date: January 23, 2016

No cover Yet


Mists of the Serengeti by Leylah Attar
Release Date: January 31, 2016



Singe by Katy Evans
Release Date: February 6, 2017

No cover yet


Triumph by Cecilia London
Release Date: February
No cover yet




On Broken Wings  by Chanel Cleeton
Release Date: January 3, 2017



Finding Kyle by Sawyer Bennett
Release Date; January 16, 2017




Red by S.M West
Release Date: February 6, 2017

No cover Yet


What I need by J.Daniels
Release Date: March 5, 2017



Kept from you by Nashoda Rose
Release Date: March 6, 2017



Riot by Tillie Cole
Release Date: March 7, 2017



Every Little Things by Samantha Young
Release Date: March 7, 2017



Dirty Filthy Rich by Laurelin Paige
Release Date: March 27, 2017




Ripple Effect by Keri Lake
Release Date:



Hideaway by Peneloppe Douglas
Release Date:



There are so many good books coming in 2017. This is just scratching the surface of reads I'm looking forward to.



Triumph by Cecilia London
Release Date: February
No cover yet


I can't believe the end is here. Ms. London knows that I wait with bated breath for what I'm sure will be a spectacular finale!

Royally Matched by Emma Chase 
Release Date: February 21, 2017




Henry's story! I need to see what happens to my lovely, troubled British prince, soon to be king!


Damnable Grace by Tillie Cole 

Release Date:


No cover yet


GAH! I can't even begin to tell you how much I want this book!!

Bombshell by CD Reiss 
Release Date: May 1, 2017
No cover yet


Brad's story!! I need this...the wait has been long, but knowing CD, it'll be brilliant.

The Cad and the Co-ed by LH Cosway and Penny Reid 
Release Date:



This is gonna be soo good. I love this series. 
Ronan is still my number one but this promises to be angsty!

No comments