Blog Tour + Review: On Broken Wings by Chanel Cleeton


descriptionThe author of Into the Blue and Fly with Me returns with the newest, hot and high-flying Wild Aces romance...

A year after losing her husband, Joker, the squadron commander of the Wild Aces, Dani Peterson gets an offer from his best friend, Alex “Easy” Rogers, to help fix up her house. Dani accepts, and their friendship grows—along with an undeniable attraction.

Racked by guilt for loving his best friend’s widow, Easy’s caught between what he wants and can’t have. Until one night everything changes, and the woman who’s always held his heart ends up in his arms. Yet as Easy leaves for his next deployment, he and Dani are torn between their feelings and their loyalty to Joker’s memory. 

But when Dani discovers something that sends them both into a spin, the conflicted lovers must overcome the past to navigate a future together…




My rating: 5 of 5 stars

On Broken Wings was probably my most anticipated read of the year ever since I read Fly with me, first book in the Wild Aces series. I knew all along Easy's story would be one of the toughest to read. First because I had really high expectations and also because I knew it would be emotional.

It's safe to say Fly with me did a number on me. If you asked me now I could say that it's still my favorite book of the year after reading more than 130 books in 2016. That book was everything in one. And even if the story is about Noah & Jordan, Alex "Easy" Rogers is taking a huge part.

I wouldn't recommend to read On Broken Wings as a stand-alone even if it's meant to be one. Some event begins in “Fly with me” which have a direct impact on Easy & Dani.

I was really nervous to start it. I remember I said I would start their story as soon as it hit my kindle but I didn't because I was a wrecked before I started. I knew this book would be emotional no matter what. I knew having both Dani& Easy together would be a journey in itself.
But Chanel's book kept calling me until the moment I couldn't see past it and I had to read it.

The entire book was utterly perfection. The angst, the love, the guilt was e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e
Easy has always loved Dani. He never meant to but he did. And he did it by himself, suffering in silence, taking what he could when he could, never asking for me.
Losing one of his best friends left a indelible mark on him. If you pair it up with the guilt he feels for loving Dani, his wife, it left you with a shattered man not knowing what the next right move is.

"That was the thing about Dani – it wasn’t only that I wanted to be inside her; I wanted to hold her hand. That alone, the simple gesture of her fingers linked with mine, would be everything."

Even if it's now a year since Dani lost her husband she can seems to move past it. She is living she's trying to make the best of her life but something is missing. The grief is crushing her and soon other feelings are going to complicate everything she thought she knew.

I devoured this book like I take my next breath. If there was one person who deserves his happiness, it was Easy for me. He always did the right thing, he was always there for his teammates but also for the love of his life.
Dani was a perfect fit for him and getting to know her better was pure perfection. The many feelings she has were crushing me and I only wanted to make them all ok for them both.

I’m sad to say goodbye to this wonderful squad! I love them all and beyond. I wish I could have more. I need more from all of them. I’m not ready to say goodbye… But I’m so happy and thrilled to see what Chanel as in store for the future. I’m so happy I can count her as part of authors I’m now expecting books from! So Chanel , see you next time ;)

~ARC provided by the publisher in exchange of an honest review ~





Check out Book 1 in the Wild Aces series, Fly with Me:

Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/20ewq86
Google Play: http://bit.ly/23eFOei

Check out Book 2 in the Wild Aces series, Into the Blue:
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1OFUJnZ
Google Play: http://bit.ly/1lvnY4M


After years spent studying international politics in London and a stint in law school, Chanel Cleeton found her passion crafting smart and sexy contemporary romances and thrillers. An avid reader and hopeless romantic, she's happiest curled up with a book, her three dogs lounging beside her. Chanel is a lover of big sunglasses, irresistible handbags, food covered in sprinkles, and pint-sized pups with larger-than-life personalities. 

She is published by Harlequin and Penguin and is the author of the International School, Capital Confessions, Assassins, and Wild Aces series.

AUTHOR LINKS:

Website:   www.chanelcleeton.com

No comments