Review: Good Boy by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy

description
Hosting her brother’s wedding for an MVP guest list is the challenge of Jess Canning’s life. Already the family screw-up, she can’t afford to fail. And nobody (nobody!) can learn of the colossal mistake she made with the best man during a weak moment last spring. It was wrong, and there will not be a repeat. Absolutely not. Even if he is the sexiest thing on two legs.

Blake Riley sees the wedding as fate’s gift to him. Jess is the maid of honor and he’s the best man? Let the games begin. So what if he’s facing a little (fine, a lot) of resistance? He just needs to convince the stubborn blonde that he’s really a good boy with a bad rap. Luckily, every professional hockey player knows that you’ve got to make an effort if you want to score.

But Jess has more pressing issues to deal with than sexy-times with a giant man-child. Such as: Will the ceremony start on time, even though someone got grandma drunk? Does glitter ever belong at a wedding? And is it wrong to murder the best man?

Caution: May cause accidental aspiration of tea or coffee. Do not read in a public place where loud laughter is inappropriate. Contains hot but hilarious hockey players, puppy cuddling and a snarky pair of underwear.



My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 "TTYTOTNDOW & OOPF " stars or 5 " cheezus" stars
I don't know which I like the most :p

description

My first 5 read of the year goes to... Good boy!! YES finally I have my first 5 stars read!! I know we are no far in January yet but I was a little desperate. And wow Good boy was a delectable read just like good wine. I had my reservation at first because I knew who Black was after meeting him in US and I have to admit I was frustrated with his annoying-self but I still wanted to read his story with Jess because I had a suspicion there was just something behind all this big mouth of a man! And I was so right. Hell my heart is now full of him and I don't want to let him go.

description

The beginning of the book is like a real gift for fans of Wes & Jamie ( from Him & US). You got to witness their wedding and it was just beautiful for them both.
Now for those who start with the WAGs series, it's all good I promise. Yes Jess & Blake a little hook-up in Us but really nothing was detailed and we were all wondering what really happened and how things would go from there. So start here, don't miss the opportunity to fall with fantastic characters!

Jess is not in a good place at the moment because she's wondering, yet for like the hundredth time what she's going to do with her life. Her family always supported her through the years but with all her change of plans and carrier, she's uncertain to announce them yet another change. But this time, her choice feels right! And she wants to stick to it. She is going to live in Toronto close to Blake but what's the matter? They are friends and what they had a few months ago can't be repeated because everyone knows Blake is a player, right?

Blake can't get Jess out of his mind and even the fact she's one of his teammate's sister-in-law won't change his mind. He doesn't really want a relationship but he wants to show her how to spend a good time and how he's worth taking a chance on. And if that leaves him with feelings, he could deal with them right?
From A to Z, Good boy was refreshing. You have a guy who's funny even when he's not. He's loud, he's mouthy but damn you can't stop yourself and love him! Blake has an edge, he has a big heart and you'll discover him piece by piece and you won't be able to resist.

description

Their relation was a slow burner and I enjoyed every minute of it. From so-called enemies to friends to lovers, all their moment together was perfection. I barely had time to read these last few days but this could be read so quickly because the pace and flow of the book is set flawlessly. You'll laugh out loud so much and you'll blush at the same time. #TRUESTORY

I highly recommend Good boy to romance lovers, to all of you in search of the next best thing because this is IT without a doubt!

~ Arc provided by the author in exchange of an honest review ~

No comments