Blog Tour + Review: Red by S.M. West

Red_banner_blogtour

descriptionRed. The color of extremes.

Tate Conrad’s existence is annihilated. Destroyed by two men: one, her hero and the other, her worst nightmare. She has nothing to lose.

Determined to survive, vengeance feeds her. There are no limits, no boundaries, not even death, in seeking liberation.

*******

Rylan Wolfe is driven. 

A stellar FBI agent close to breaking the case of a lifetime. It’s more than career-making, it’s personal. Tate’s the linchpin to it all. 

They need each other to succeed.

For Tate, is he her salvation or ruin?

Warning: This book contains graphic language, explicit sexual scenes and violence.
Recommended for readers 18+

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Stars!!

 photo 93915763-485B-4C45-BEE1-12CE0B90CC82_zps3patqh1k.jpg

This is such a great start for this new upcoming author..... I maybe slightly biased but I really did enjoy her poetic writing style, it was intriguing and had lots of sexy moments mixed in. Although the plot comes first in this story to me the more I read the more emotionally involved I got. So If you love Suspense then this will surely tick all those boxes to keep you guessing throughout the book.

So what's it about?
Tate has come from an unloving, hard Mafia family and although Tate started out adoring her father that later turned out to be not the case anymore. He is hard, controlling and made her into the numb person she is now... or is she?? I'll tell you this while reading about her I really did feel for her especially at the prologue where SM West pulls you into the story from the beginning. There is something vulnerable about Tate. That said she's a strong kick ass heroine if ever I've read one then Tate really had to control her future in the best way she could.

 photo FD797EE8-66A6-4221-A496-8531068F5FB6_zpsocjcjc6s.jpg

I don't really want to get into the plot too much with you guys here but this is a Mafia styled read with a fierce protective hero (Rylan) who is under cover, who slowly fell for Tate because how can you not when your protecting the person you shouldn't like? What starts off as an edge, as lust turns into more. But truthfully the romance came second to the story for me. That doesn't mean I liked it any less cause it kept me on my toes and actually I kept turning the pages especially the further I got into it and then the more emotionally involved I became with both the hero and heroine.

I will say though the beginning took a bit of time to get into , so if you like Suspense romance and want to try this book I urge you to just keep going as it picks ups the more you read.

Overall I loved both characters and actually have lots to look forward to in future reads!! I enjoyed the mystery that was in bedded within the whole plot. It kept me on my toes, and kept me turning the pages. Its a great start in this series and I'm looking forward to more books from SM West in the future.

I beta read this for some before honest review thoughts before it's released



My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Tate has been living her personal hell for far too long. A father who's the worse one you can imagine, a mother who only see her best interest and a husband who's a criminal using his wife as a tool, that leaves Max, her brother who's too far to really protect her.
In order to get some kind of living, she has no choice but to team up with the FBI.

Rylan is an FBI agent who knows getting involved with an informant can be dangerous and tricky. But staying away from Tate is not an option, not only because he's attracted but because he has his own kind of revenge to get.

“I’d forgotten what it was like to want a man. These weeks with you have shown me, reminded me what it’s like to be with a real man. One who is tender, sweet and all kinds of sexy.”

Reading the first book by an author always makes me feel special. When the book turns out to be a winner I'm even more excited knowing I have someone new to follow.
Red was so beautifully and precisely written. The story-line is complex but all fall into place while reading. It was such a pleasure to make assumptions, guessing how things will turn out and then see how it unfolds.

Tate & Rylan were a good match. Their attraction felt genuine. Rylan was so attentive, so caring. He knows where Tate comes from. He knows she might not be ready to love again but he's still there for her every step of the way!

Tate was such a strong character. She loved once and paid a terrible price. At the mercy of a sadistic man, she never believed love could come from all this hell.

description

The different characters are all addictive and I can't wait for more. With Red, first in the Love in Color series, I'm already ready for many more journeys. I can safely say I'm eager to know what S.M West has to offer, what's hidden in her mind and beg to come to life. Once you open the book, buckle up and prepare for some action!

~ARC provided by the author in exchange of an honest review ~

   RED Teaser 4

RED Teaser 3

About S.M. West:

15226528_10157771563085693_85542579_n 
Born on the shortest day and longest night of the year, Winter Solstice, she's a self-professed night owl. From a young age, creating stories and conjuring characters was always one of her favorite pastimes. She loves a great story with romance and intrigue, a strong heroine and fiercely passionate hero with passion, intensity and edge. If she's not writing or reading, she's planning her next adventure, spending time with her family or drinking a great glass of wine and indulging in chocolate.

Facebook / Email Instagram / Twitter / Goodreads / Pinterest

No comments