Release Day Blitz + Review: Rise by Dylan Allen

Cover Design: Indie Solutions by Murphy Rae

Release Date: February 15, 2017

descriptionAs a little girl, I saw my father destroy the family he claimed to love. I watched my mother waste her life dreaming of a man who left her without a second glance. 

As a woman, I don’t dream, I work. I don’t fall in love, I focus. I would never let anything as frivolous as love distract me. 

Until I meet Simon. A gorgeous, brilliant young architect with dark eyes, a sweet smile, and a dirty, dirty mouth. He sets me on fire, and suddenly all I can do is dream…of his hands, his lips, his body. Of a heart good enough and a love strong enough to make me believe in happily ever after.

But Simon has secrets that are even deeper than mine. Will our pasts destroy everything we’ve worked for? Or will we find the courage to rise to the challenge and fight for the love we share?




My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Stars*****

 photo 109BE68A-89E4-4835-9DAD-E8EFC237DE67_zpsg3m0m7x0.jpg

There are times when you get recommended new authors off friends and readers alike who say READ THIS BOOK WILL YOU? so of course I said ok, ok then. And boy am I happy I did.

This is a unique story about two souls whom are given criminal parents and so by fate find their way and purpose for their lives by working hard and thrive on achieving success on their own... yet they meet and finding something in each other they NEED.

"I don't dream, I WORK. I don't fall in love, I FOCUS. Until him."

Addie has a loving family, a secure network and a loyal best friend who has been through everything right alongside her. That said she's never let herself FEEL. Never let herself fall In love and actually never really lusted after any 'decent' man, because she's scared of letting go. So she focus's on her career as a lawyer and focus's is what she thrives to do. To be successful.

 photo 71E1E952-1625-404A-B1FA-3065513DDCAA_zpskcyy5avq.jpg

Simon is an architect, a fabulous one, an upcoming one where his life is picking up but he's also an guardian for his brother's. He has responsibilities and so isn't willing to let go. That is until his attraction with Addie is something he just can't walk away from.

I'm going to leave it at that and let you guys read this, enjoy it and absorb the story that unfolds. I will though say this, I ADORED Simon he's the kind of hero that takes care of his own. Loves hard and protects the people that are in his life. He thrives for what's REAL.

And Addie, gawddd bless her heart. She's a tough shell that needs cracking, yet when she lets those walls down there you see a girl that wants to believe in love.

 photo 1C362663-6678-4C99-9703-C00A70CCA0B7_zpsvjfrq2q3.jpg

I loved the plot, loved the characters and really enjoyed the ethos of family that integrated within the whole read. I can't recommend this book enough, it's love at its best.

#TopRec read it girls and gals.

That is all.

ARC generously gifted in exchange for a honest review

16194939_235666790225103_8100503862915385851_n

Kindle Fire 7" Tablet Wi-Fi, 8 GB - with Special Offers, Blk & $30 Sew Chic Gift Certificate
 

16298606_235666796891769_8987739787319821351_n
 
rise_full-4

Dylan Allen is a Texas girl with a serious case of wanderlust. A self-proclaimed happily ever junkie, she loves creating stories where her characters chase their own happy endings. When she isn’t writing or reading, eating or cooking, she and her family are planning their next adventure.    

Newsletter Sign Up: http://bit.ly/2keVjl8
Facebook Author Page: http://bit.ly/2kp67Ri
Facebook Reader Group: http://bit.ly/2jWq80y
Goodreads Author Page: http://bit.ly/2kpUQMy

No comments