Review: The Brave Line by Kate Stewart

descriptionShe is a five foot seven long list of things he can’t have.

He is a determined cop, desperate to keep his heart sealed behind his badge.

Michelle is a survivor. With a fresh perspective on life, she trades her tragic past in California for the coastal waters of Charleston. Fueled by a new career as a dispatcher, she’s determined not to let her scars weigh her down. She apologizes for nothing, especially her insatiable need for a certain police officer.

Rowdy is a newly minted sergeant dedicated to his job, but the life of a Charleston police officer has never been more dangerous. With his need to take order of a city spiraling out of control, the last thing he wants is an entanglement with a mouthy dispatcher. But, there’s just one problem. He can’t get enough of her.

As the heat rises between the unlikely pair, so does the tension.

Three months of summer was all it took to shake their foundations, rattle their walls, and bring them crashing down.

It was lust.

It was love.

It was real.

And it would have been perfect . . . if it wasn't already over.


Note to reader:
This book has several elements and explores topics that some may consider triggers. For mature audiences only. Explicit sex, violence and language. 




My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There are already so many great reviews for The Brave Line that I don't know what I could add to make you read this fabulous book! If you haven't decided it yet to give this one a try, you should reconsider asap because this is really so much more than a romance, it's a also a tribute for all the hard work cops are doing.

I loved equally all the sphere where Kate Stewart put us and the romance part. Working as a cop is not easy. It's often ungrateful and there must be days these people feel like what they do is not enough. There was one particular scene that got melted my heart because I think it really represent what can happen in our every day life and that was so heart-breaking to see how people can judge so quickly without knowing. It also shows how with a simple video, you can destroy everything and hide the truth.

"People wanted perfect cops, but that could only happen if there were perfect people."

Rowdy was a fantastic though and hot character. I wanted to mention how alpha he was and how my kindle was on fire after only 15% with his dirty talks but there's more to his character. Being a cop is not easy for him. He has a story and an ugly one. The way he suffers was a torture because he's one of the good guys and he's a guy who deserves so much love, he needs it but he doesn't allow himself to feel that kind of things for his own personal reasons.

Michelle was really surprising. She was a though cookie and I think I found someone who curse more than me. Hell it's non stop with her. She also had a past but decided to move on. She is one of the strongest heroines I've met in books. Her personality was refreshing because she thinks about herself first. She learned from her past and she's ready to simply live her life the way she's supposed to live it!

I wasn't expecting anything when I started The Brave Line because I only read one book by her before so I was thrilled to see how engaging the story was. It felt real and to me those kinds of books are better than any others I've read. It brings closeness to characters and what they are living.

Rowdy & Michelle together were hot, kinky and maybe you'll need a shower after one scene or two.
The love they share doesn't come easily. It was a battle and it would be one even after their HEA but that works for them so that works for me too.

“I’m not breathing for ghosts anymore. I’m breathing for you.”

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
5++++ Real ROWWDDYYY Stars


This is my first Kate Stewart book, and I'll tell you this it won't be my last. Gah her writing, and then Rowdy's dirty talking mouth he is an Alpha in the most delicious way.

There are already so many fab reviews out there already so I'm just going to share a couple of my thoughts while reading this.

This book is as raw and real as it gets, being on the police force is far away as glamorous as you can be. What I loved about this book is seeing into Rowdys day, seeing what he went through, what he saw and the insights he had, plus his turmoil on his own life had me gripping my kindle to my stomach many a time.


He also doesn't let people get too close, he's a closed book because he has felt and lost and doesn't want someone to feel the loss he's felt. He's scared bottom line, but then there's Michelle's soothing voice to pull him through.


Michellewas the voice at the end of the line, the person who told Rowdy where to go and where he needed to be next, she was also the light to his darkness, and likewise him to her. Michelle has recently got out of a divorce and holds her head high. She is tough and rolls with the life she's gifted. This book is as real is it gets, it holds onto every cell of your body, makes you think, makes you to understand and then teaches you how to breathe.

Then there was the SEX!! Damn girl, I think cause I was so into this book and connected to the characters those moments were intense time and time again. It was never enough and it wasn't too much, it was a great balance of everything I adore in reading romance.


That's it, I highly recommend this read, it really will wrap itself around you while you are reading...

Enjoy, kisses 




No comments