Review: Unwritten by Jen Frederick

descriptionAfter years of trying to hit it big with his band, Adam Rees’ dream is finally about to come true. A new lead singer brings with him a hot tour invite, but with a catch—his sister has to come with them. Despite an off-limits edict, Adam is instantly attracted the smart and beautiful Landry. But if he wants to claim his woman, it might be at the expense of all his ambitions.

Landry Olsen has had success at every stage of her life, except when it comes to men. She’s put her heart on the shelf, but one look at Adam and she’s a goner. The hot rocker heats her from the inside out, and she wants him as much as he wants her. The only thing standing in their way of their happiness is Landry's brother—she ruined his musical hopes before, and she won't do it again. Even if it means saying no to the one guy who makes her believe in love again.

There’s no fruit more tempting than the forbidden kind…
 





My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well that was such a lovely story. Until a few weeks ago I didn't know anything about the Woodlands series so I had no idea who Adam was. I read Undeclared because I wanted a little background but I didn't have the time to catch up on all the other books - yet. I mention this so you know you can absolutely read this as a stand-alone.

FMK is the third band that Adam had created. He's very particular when it comes to music. And the guys with him might be on board or out.
Laundryis Davis' sister, the new singer of the band. So when FMK has an opportunity to go on tour and Davis doesn't want to let her with a stalker, she has not other option than to join them.

description

While Unwritten is a case of love at first sight, the relation between Adam & Laundry was a slow build. I enjoyed seeing them trying to resist the pull they had. It was a real torture at some point to see such sparks but not one of them could do a thing about it because of Davis.

I love seeing how characters grow in a book and it was exactly how it happens in Unwritten. Laundry was a little insecure and became a woman with more confidence. Adam was a little too narrow-minded but he learnt to see things differently.

description

Books about music are often a hit for me because I love to witness the backstage. With FMK being at their debut it was fun to see them progress as Adam's band to a real family where all are taking their right place. I'm attached to all of them. I really hope Jen is considering giving the other members a story because I definitely don't have enough of them all.

Unwritten is just the perfect book if you want to snuggle on a Sunday (or any day) with music in your head and love in your heart.

~ARC provided by the author in exchange of an honest review ~

No comments