Review: Broken by Lies & Bound by Lies by Rebecca Shea

descriptionI had no idea how much I would love Alex the day he walked into my life.

He changed everything. 
The way I breathed.
The way I thought.
The way I loved.
He brought me back to life.
He gave me strength and a safe place to land.

And then he broke me. 

Finding Emilia was a chance to do something good for once in my life.
I wanted to change. 
She believed I was her savior.
I ached to be.
She found her way into my heart and claimed it as her safe place.
I should be telling her the truth about me…instead I break her with lies.


This book is a New Adult Romance and contains mature subject matter. It is not intended for those under 17 years of age.
 



My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Stars

Well this is a very plot driven story, suspenseful slow burn, yet uputtadownable as I just wanted to know what was happening next the more I read.


So what's it about?
Emilia has been brought up in a trailer van in a poor area, not much of a rich lifestyle but she was rich in love by her mum. Who gave up everything to take care of her. Yet one day her mum got shot and so she's alone with no friends, not much money and know where to live. So she gets on a bus and travels in the heat to a motel 'for now'. That's where she meets Alex whom takes her under her wing.

Alex is part owner of the drug cartel, yet honestly he doesn't want to be, what he wants is to have dreams for his own life and he is actually loving and caring and only wants the best for Emeilia.


I know there are many reviews out there and this is an old book but I'm catching up before I read betrayed by lies which is the third book in this series and out next week. So I'm going to leave it there. But what I am going to say is this is a very high plotted read, you get to know the characters bit by bit and what makes them tick. Then there's also Sam the intriguing character that Emeilia makes friends with, which adds another dimension to this book. There's lies, secrets and then theirs love.

Why not 5 Stars
This book had me hooked pretty much from get go and the more I read the more I was invested. Butttt I'd say it's not really realistic there was something that just didn't feel real to me, maybe that the characters were a tad closed off so it at times felt like a lonely read in terms of the characters connecting with each other. If that makes sense... but still I really enjoyed it and the plot thickens at the end I'm diving into bound by lies to see what happens next..

That is all...


ARC generously gifted in exchange for a honest review

descriptionTorn between two men; one was what I needed, the other was what I wanted.
One man was safe and the other was dangerous.
But both men would lay down their lives to save me.

ATF agent Sam Cortez is fighting to bring down the Estrada family empire, which was built on murder and corruption. 
Alex Estrada did what was needed to keep me safe…and paid with his life. 

Starting over as I try to rebuild my life, it’s clear that the past is never what it seems. 

What no one knew was that we were all bound by lies.



My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Stars****



Well this one picks up straight where broken by lies finished. Elisha is dealing with the aftermath of what has happened with Alex.. and then letting Sam take care of her the best way she can..

I'm going to keep this short and sweet as to keep this review spoiler free..

I'll say this book is as addictive as the first book, it's pretty fast paced and kept me on my toes buttt I'd say this is the book about pain, healing and moving forward. About letting go and then finding ways to live life. One thing I loved about this one is I felt more connected to the characters in this book, I felt their anguish, pain and love. Felt what they were going through.. and I devoured it within hours because of it..

To sum up this series kept me on my toes, had me turning the pages. Is addictive and is highly plot driven. Many many lies to find out so If that's what you enjoy then yes yes grab it, you won't regret it.

That. Is. All.

ARC generously gifted in exchange for a honest review


No comments