Review: Pipe Dreams by Sarina Bowen

descriptionA goalie has to trust his instincts, even when taking a shot to the heart…

Mike Beacon is a champion at defending the net, but off the ice, he’s not so lucky. A widower and a single father, he’s never forgotten Lauren Williams, the ex who gave him the best year of his life. When Lauren reappears in the Bruisers office during the playoffs, Beacon sees his chance to make things right.

Lauren hates that she’s forced to travel with the team she used to work for and the man who broke her heart. There’s still undeniable sexual tension running between her and Mike, but she won’t go down that road again. She’s focused on her plans for the future—she doesn’t need a man to make her dreams of motherhood come true.

Lauren plays her best defensive game, but she’s no match for the dark-eyed goalie. When the field of play moves to Florida, things heat up on the beach.

One of Mike’s biggest fans doesn’t approve—his teenage daughter. But a true competitor knows not to waste the perfect shot at love.




My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Whoooop! Pipe Dreams was absolutely perfect! I enjoyed every minute of this book. It's my favorite in the Brooklyn Bruisers series. I remember I was a little scared with Lauren's character who was so uptight in the previous book but that is all a facade. She's just a woman with a broken heart and two years of building wall around herself to prevent from any pain to happen again.
Mike Beacon is a the Brooklyn Bruisers' goalie and I have to admit I don't really remember him but he was such a fine man. He's sweet, kind, passionate and such a good dad for his thirteen years old girl.

From the blurb you get that Pipe Dreams is a second chance romance and I love reading those. Mike & Lauren's relationship ended brutally and without an explanation so after two years it's understandable if Lauren feels a little off at the idea of seeing Mike every day again.

What makes Pipe Dreams the perfect book is all the emotions there's in it. I wasn't expecting it to be so emotional yet, there are plenty of moments where I felt a tear at the corner of my eye. I also laughed a lot with the girls, Becca, Ari & Georgia. It was good to see all the girls together and having fun. And then there were the more delicate moments with Mike and his daughter. I fear there would be drama but again Sarina Bowen just made the right move and everything is handle just the way it needs to be. Some would say it goes too smoothly but I say that this is how a relationship between parents & child should be.

Fans of Hockey will be once again thrilled to see all the details within this book. It's not a sport I watch here because it's not popular but I'm certain I'll catch some action via some internet videos soon.

I'm sad to know this was the last book in the series. I want a book for Silas so badly. He makes several appearances in here and I think there's a story to tell for this young lad.
Pipe Dreams was once again a huge tease for Nate& Becca's story. We need their book asap. I experienced all their relation in the background and it's not enough. I want it all, I want the details and I want to witness it. Please Sarina give us their book.


No comments