Blog Tour + Review: The Brightest Sunrise by Aly Martinez



descriptionSticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never harm me.Bullshit. Words destroyed me. “I’m sorry. She didn’t make it.” “Daddy, he can’t breathe!” “There’s nothing more we can do for your son.”Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never harm me.Lies. Those syllables and letters became my executioner. I told myself that, if I didn’t acknowledge the pain and the fear, they would have no power over me. But, as the years passed, the hate and the anger left behind began to control me. Two words—that was all it took to plunge my life into darkness. “He’s gone.” In the end, it was four soft, silky words that gave me hope of another sunrise. “Hi. I’m Charlotte Mills.”


Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2sX0Yo9
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2tG4oJ9
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/2u9VhU1
Amazon AU: http://amzn.to/22u0aVAI


The conclusion of this new, highly emotional must-read duet by Aly Martinez is LIVE! Buy THE BRIGHTEST SUNSET now!

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5++++ gripping stars


Oh my goodness what have I just read, what a plethora of emotions and feelings I'm feeling right now. But by gawd am I happy.. So real, so raw and so beautiful is this story.

Again because I want to make this review spoiler free it's going to be a tad blasé but I am going to still discuss my feeling, thoughts and love for the characters..

This book starts pretty much where The darkest sunrise ended and where I had my hand in my mouth. Gosh how I wanted to throw my kindle but this is why I love Aly so much, she is able to make me sob, then heal me and put me back together. She will make you FEEL SOMETHING but every emotion is let me tell you is worth the time.

This book is very much a character driven book and duet, it's about falling in love bit by bit, Aly really pulls you in there's no other option lol. In the dark and in the light they help each other to deal with the ups and downs of LIFE. This is about family though, I love reads that centre the plot on family, circumstances and love that pours into the pages. If you take on anything that I say in this review listen here ok? Love is poured into the pages of this book, it really has come from the heart in the most beautiful way. I can't even to begin to tell you how the plot unraveled but more so how you fall for all characters in some way. How they will push your buttons at times and then how you just enjoy them.


Porter had the most amazing knack of getting into my subconscious and untying the knots I so often made out of obstacles.

The Characters
So Porter the man that is an Alpha male in every way gah I love him cause he stood up for what is his, and he wasn't going to step down. Oh how I loved him because of that. Then to see how real he is and how male he is. Not to make you laugh but he's a pure man through and through, he's also a protector, lover and showed his emotions.. I was able to connect with him cause of that. Then Charlotte she's raw and flawed but she's also very put together and with that balance she came through in the end. Together they were a perrrrrfect unit.

I suppose this book is about healing, loving each other and taking a chance. There was such bravery in them to keep moving forward when at times they didn't want to.

I hope I haven't given anything away but I can tell you this series will go on one of my favourite reads of the year. I just love books that make you feel, make you think and where you feel the love.

Enjoy, please please read it.

That is all Xoxo




Originally from Savannah, Georgia, USA Today bestselling author Aly Martinez now lives in South Carolina with her four young children.

Never one to take herself too seriously, she enjoys cheap wine, mystery leggings, and baked feta. It should be known, however, that she hates pizza and ice cream, almost as much as writing her bio in the third person.

She passes what little free time she has reading anything and everything she can get her hands on, preferably with a super-sized tumbler of wine by her side.


No comments