Review: The Air He Breathes by Brittainy C. Cherry

descriptionI was warned about Tristan Cole. "Stay away from him," people said. "He's cruel." "He's cold." "He's damaged."

It's easy to judge a man because of his past. To look at Tristan and see a monster. But I couldn't do that. I had to accept the wreckage that lived inside of him, because it also lived inside of me.

We were both empty. We were both looking for something else. Something more. We both wanted to put together the shattered pieces of our yesterdays. Then perhaps we could finally remember how to breathe.
 




My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I have no idea how to even begin to review this book... and there are so many good ones out there already so I'm going to keep it simple for you guys and dolls..

This read is a second chance read of sorts not in the Romance but in the reason to live, a second chance to breathe way. This is about two lives and how they have lost their world and somehow find something in each to hold on to.. a chance to be friends and to heal. There are so so many quotes I highlighted, and there is so many developments of this story, twists and turns and one little girl that made me smile throughout. It's truly about family and about starting a new.

Plus the characters are in dark places but somehow see the light in the other person and the writing OMG it literally blew me away.

A few of my favourite quotes
"As long as air moves in and out of my lungs … as long as I breathe, I will fight for you. I will fight for us.”
.
.
“No soulmate leaves the world alone; they always take a piece of their other half along with them."
.
.
“that’s the thing with love—time doesn’t exist with it. The only thing love counts is the heartbeats."
.
.
"Sometimes all a broken heart needed was a bag of shit and a little fire.”
.
.
“The magic is in the tiny moments. The small touches, the gentle smiles, the quiet laughs. The magic is about living for today and allowing yourself to breathe and be happy.”


And that my loves is all.. just read it, it will make you think and cherish your loved ones and love the simple things in life really there is no other option..

Enjoy Xoxo


No comments