Review: Shame me not by Fiona Cole

descriptionShame. Panic. Desire. Dominance. Disgust. 

All feelings that I was familiar with from the age of sixteen. That's when I met Ana. The girl next door who became so much more. Until her, I was alone in the dark desires that I didn't understand, that I couldn't reconcile. 

My best friend, she accepted me. Helped me see that there was no shame in the things that we both craved. Her submission was a drug, my dominance over her a high that I'd never experienced. When we were together, I was at peace for the first time in my life. 

But it was too good to last. Our own guilt over our feelings, of our appetite for pain and pleasure, destroyed us. 

I was convinced that all I needed was a chance, just one more chance to overcome my shame, and Ana would be able to trust me again. 

If only it were that easy.

*WARNING: This book is an erotic romance and does contain consensual sexual situations between characters under eighteen that include submission and domination.



My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Shame me not is the kind of epic love story that you can stay insensitive to. I read this in less than 24 hours because I was completely sucked in Kevin & Ana's story. The storyline is strong and unique. I've never ever read a book like that before and it was truly amazing.

As often I fell in love with the male characters. Kevin as a teenager or as a man is so strong. He know his sexual needs are peculiar but he still tries to not act on it. With he understand himself better and he grows to be a fantastic beautiful human being with so much care and love to give. He is most certainly the best part of the book. The way he evolves, the way he loves Ana, the way he acts are just larger than anything I've read for a long time.

Ana was more frustrating. There were many times I screamed at her. From confidence to doubts I had a hard time to get why she changed and why all of a sudden what others thoughts became so important to her. I didn't like a lot of her actions. I was mad at her for most of the second part of the book but by the end the author made it all ok and I got it - mainly.

Kevin & Ana have a connection not a lot of people have, it's based on trust. Together they are strong and their love was so wonderful. Shame me not is their journey to find themselves, to find their own happiness. It was quite a ride, it wasn't easy, there are lots of angst but eventually by the end you"ll all be okay as I'm.

No comments